Prepare the Platform
Sequence of Operations
The purpose of this section is to provide an overview of the sequence of operations required to setup a planner and its range on a ByMe platform instance. The owner of the operation is either the 3DVIA team or the Customer/Partner. Use it as a check list to evaluate a deployment plan.
Platform instance creation:
- 3DVIA: ByMe Platform instance creation, with main and staging, in the chosen region.
Legal entity creation:
- Customer/Partner: Request Legal Entity name wished and geographical area of users.
- 3DVIA: Legal Entity creation and generation of API key, secret key. Communication to of API key and secret key to Customer/Partner.
- 3DVIA: Communication to customer of platform URLs–full list depending on actual service subscribed (Planner, Template Editor, Assembly Editor, Geometry Editor, Information for staging and main).
Legal entity configuration:
- Customer/Partner: Plug range management tools to this Legal Entity using API Key/Secret key.
- Customer/Partner: Upload room objects used in room: Doors, Windows, Floor, Covering.
- Customer/Partner: Upload default rooms.
- Customer/Partner: Create and configure Application Distribution, Units, LeftRight UI, Languages, Price formatting, Catalog organization, Default Room as needed.
- Customer/Partner: Create and configure Application Distribution for Assembly Editor (used also in Template Editor) with proper catalogs (same than Master).
❗️Note that Template editor can be only launched with Application distribution defined on the applicationID of the Kitchen Planner. It is not possible with our current infrastructure to launch Template Editor with Application Distribution that are defined with its own applicationID.
- Customer/Partner: Upload applications translations.
- Customer/Partner: Upload range (Articles, generic products, SCP, Assemblies, BMA, 3D Models, Applicative Rules, Product Rules) with prices and dates.
- Customer/Partner: Upload translations for products parameters.
- Customer/Partner: Create and upload templates with their translations for name.
- Customer/Partner: Initialize and configure frontend instance on each Application Distribution, define entry point URLs, integrate Authentication Systems, Sales Systems.
- Customer/Partner: Test solution (Front End, Planner, Integration with Systems, Translations, Prices, Automatic Proposals).
- Customer/Partner: Integrate to customer website and online buying workflow.