The default projects are the 6 possible floorplans that the user can select to start his project. They have to be created and configured by application distribution. This section presents how to create default projects, how to configure them in application distribution and how to test them.
Create a default project
Open the application link. Toggle Enable default project button to ON and login using one of the following (shown in fig 1):
▪ User credentials (a user with contributor right).
▪ Legal authentication (API key and Secret key followed by Application distribution identifier)
Then click launch to start the Kitchen app.
Fig.1: Login Types
Whenever we toggle the button, it adds the following URL parameter to the application:
If you do not have access to the introduction page (shown in fig. 1), add the parameter to the URL and open the application.
Now draw the customized default room shape in floorplan step. To save the room shape, click save.
Save of the default project is available in 6 possible mapping between key and project as shown in fig2.
Fig.2: Mapping available
Select the shape and click save as shown in fig3.
Fig.3: Save Default room
The default project will be saved in the selected shape.
Note: The 6 svg symbols cannot be changed.
Default project object in application distribution parameters
Now that default project is created, a change is needed in the settings of the application in order to load them. It can be done, either by 3DCloudbyme or by API Web services.
Open 3DCloudbyme and click App Settings as shown in fig 4. According to the selection of existing application, parameters are available. To know more about parameters, refer to parameters reference document 🔗
Fig.4: Application Distribution
In the settings json object, update the project.roomShapes properties. This object represents all the projects that can be customized (do not use default project defined by 3DVIA).
Test the created project
After creating the project and changing the application parameters, check the changes in the application.
- Since the application has its own default project (6 projects shown in fig 3), it is important that user should be able to customize any of these 6 projects to create their own default project.
- Also, whenever the application opens, the user will have to manually open the saved project by selecting in the room shape as shown in fig 5 and fig 6. The application will always open the project "closedKitchen1".
- Once the default room is changed, it will be available for all users for that particular environment (staging or main), since the parameter has been modified for the application and not for a particular user.
For other room shape access, click Initiate plan followed by clicking change the room shape as shown in fig 5.
Fig.5: Change Room shape
Select the room shape and click Validate.
Fig.6: Selection of room
It will open the default project created.
If not visible, here are two potential errors:
- Application parameters are not set correctly.
- The default project was not saved (check user rights).
▪ The svg symbols for each of the 6 room shapes cannot be changed.
▪ The customized default project will only be saved in the environment (staging or main) in which it was created. To have similar customized default projects, you will have to create it again in that particular environment (staging or main) and save it.