This section explains functionalities available in the Floorplan step that you can use for designing your floor plan.
The first step to design your kitchen is defining the shape of the kitchen room that is floor plan.
Following features in kitchen planner are useful to draw the floorplan of the kitchen.
Choose room shape
When you open the kitchen planner for the first time and enter your floorplan, the popup window appears to select your kitchen's room shape, as shown below:
Choose the desired shape for your floorplan.
Functionalities in Floorplan
These features are accessible from the floorplan step, as illustrated below:
Initiate Plan: Used to initiate plan by changing the room shape or importing a Homebyme project.
Draw Plan: Adds walls, room separation, and manages sloped ceiling in the floorplan.
Openings: Adds openings to the kitchen like door, window, etc.
Room Objects: Adds room objects like columns, radiators or free shapes.
Paint and Flooring: Applies covering to the walls, floor, and free shapes.
Water Supply: Selects the wall for water supply.
Ceiling Height: Modifies the height of the room wall by changing the value.
This section explains the steps to change the room shape, use a HomeByMe project or use a measuring code. This is the first step in kitchen planning.
Click Initiate plan to see the available options.
Features of Initiate Plan
Change Room Shape
To change the room shape, click the Change the room shape option.
Options for room shape appears, as shown below:
There are two types of room shapes available:
- Closed kitchen are the kitchens with closed rooms.
- Open kitchen are the kitchens with room separators in the rooms.
Select the room shape from the options available.
Click Validate to proceed with the shape.
Click Cancel to delete the selection and go to the previous shape.
Points to note:
- If a floorplan containing cabinets or appliances is modified using Change the room shape option, a notification confirming the overwrite of previous floorplan appears, as shown below:
Click Yes to overwrite the previously created floorplan or click No to stop overwrite.
- If a floorplan with coverings is modified, and Change the room shape option is selected, the covering is applied to the changing room.
Using a HomeByMe Project
To import a copy of a HomeByMe project into the kitchen application, click Use a HomeByMe project option.
An onboarding page is displayed explaining the different steps to import your HomeByMe project to design your kitchen.
Click Import from HomeByMe option.
If the user has not already logged in to HomeByMe, a login page appears, as shown below:
Click the Log in button.
Enter the credentials and click the Log in button, or connect HomeByMe using Facebook/Google/Apple account.
After successful login, the HomeByMe connects and your projects in HomeByMe are displayed.
Case 1. If you have no projects in your HomeByMe account, the window with the message "You have no HomeByMe projects" appears, as shown below:
Click the Close button, you will be redirected to the Bryo application.
Case 2. If you have only one project in your HomeByMe account, the project selection step is skipped, and the available project is imported.
Case 3. If you have several projects in your HomeByMe account, select the project and click the Select project button to import it in the kitchen application, as shown below:
The integration begins, as shown below:
A copy of the HomeByMe project is imported in the Bryo application.
- If the selected project has multiple floors in it, a notification to select the floor appears, as shown below:
Select which floor you want to import in the Bryo application.
- If the selected project has multiple rooms in it, select which room is your kitchen, as shown below:
Select the room and click the Validate option.
A copy of the HomeByMe project is imported into the kitchen application, as shown below:
For further designing of the kitchen, please refer Pick a Layout, Design Your Kitchen, and Summary steps.
Importing the Measure Code
To import the measured code to the planner, click the Use a measure code option.
Select the required file from the folder.
A popup message to notify Your measurements have been imported appears, as shown below:
The Existing project has been updated accordingly and the kitchen products are not positioned after importing the measurement code.
You have to manually drag and drop the products to position them inside the kitchen.
To position, the products, select Design your kitchen step and drag and drop the products inside the kitchen.
The original room shape is updated based on the measurement been imported.
Importing Leica Laser measurements
⚙️ Set up: Application distribution parameter floorPlanImport.leicaMeasure 🔗.
The Import laser measurements option is available in the application when the
floorPlanImport.leicaMeasureis set to True. The default value is set as false in the
To import the file generated from Leica laser measure, click the Import laser measurements option.
The window to import the measurements using a Leica laser distance device appeared, as shown below:
Click the Continue button, the window to import the file appears, as shown below:
Select the required file from the folder.
A popup message to notify Your file has been successfully imported appears, as shown below:
- You can upload measurements in .dxf file format and the maximum file size supported is 1 MB.
- The modifications to the project (i.e. products, project name, and description) are lost.
Upload 2D floorplan
This section explains the steps to upload the 2D floorplan in the planner.
Click the Upload a 2D floorplan option, the window to save your project appears, as shown below:
Click the Yes button and enter the name and description of the project.
Select the Save button.
Click the Get started button to upload the floorplan.
Click the Select file option to upload the floorplan file from the folder.
Also, you can drag and drop the 2D plan file.
To upload image file:
Select .jpg or .png image format file from the folder, the file is uploaded as shown below:
To upload PDF file:
You can upload a single-page PDF file or a multiple-page PDF file.
Single page PDF file upload:
Select the PDF file from the folder.
Multiple page PDF file upload:
Select the PDF file from the folder.
- You can preview the file by clicking on the Next/Previous arrow option.
Next/Previous arrow option activates only when the PDF file contains more than one page.
- Click the choose this page option to select the required page.
Plan Adjustment option:
For plan adjustment options, click on the uploaded flooplan.
The options displayed, as shown below:
Click the Your plan option.
The options to Delete/Change the uploaded plan are displayed, as shown below:
To Delete the plan, select the Delete button and click the Yes option.
To change the plan, select the Change button.
The Import your floorplan file window is displayed.
Click the Rotation option.
The Floorplan rotation option to rotate the plan is displayed, as shown below:
Click the Opacity option.
The Floorplan opacity option to change the opacity of the floorplan is displayed, as shown below:
Click the Move option to adjust the position of the plan.
As soon as the position is adjusted, click the Move option again or click outside the plan to fix the position of the plan, as shown below:
- Click the icon for View mode options.
- Click the Display grid option toggle button to hide/display grid lines of the planner.
- Click the Display wall option toggle button to hide/display walls in the plan.
- Click the to zoom in on the plan.
- Click the to zoom out the plan.
You can drag the endpoints of the scale to adjust it according to the 2D plan.
Also, you can enter the required distance value between the two points.
Click the Validate button.
The 2D plan is uploaded to the planner.
You can upload 2D plan in .pdf, .jpg, and .png file formats.
This section explains the steps to add a wall, room separator, or sloped ceiling.
Click the Draw plan option, its features appears, as shown below:
Features of Draw Plan
To add a wall, click Add a wall option.
The Add a wall editor appears, as shown below:
Multiple walls and rooms can be created according to your requirements, as shown below:
Click the Validate button, to proceed with the design.
Click the Cancel button, to delete the design modification.
To undo the previous action, click the Undo icon.
To redo an action, click the Redo icon.
Adding Room Separations
To add a room separation, click Add a room separation option.
The Add room separation editor appears, as shown below:
You can create multiple room separation, as shown below:
Points to note:
- If a room has no room separator but has discontinuous walls in the room, then the entire room will be considered as one, as shown below:
Therefore, the cabinets are added to the entire room, irrespective of the discontinuous walls.
- To create two separate rooms with discontinuous walls, add a room separator between them. In such cases, the cabinets are added to the room where the avatar is present.
- A room separator cannot end in the middle of a room. If so, a dashed line representing the room separator is displayed.
This dashed line represents the room separator but it is not fully separating the room.
You can add the room separator between two walls or between two room separators.
Modifying the Wall Dimension
The dimensions of the walls can be modified by dragging the wall or by specifying the required dimension.
To modify the dimension of the wall in the planner:
- Select the wall, click the dimension of the wall, as shown below:
Modify the dimension value of the wall, click APPLY LEFT or APPLY RIGHT button as required.
Selecting the appropriate button changes the length of the wall in the respective direction.
If you press the Enter key, by default the change in the dimension is applied in the direction of the button highlighted in blue color. In the above image, it is APPLY LEFT.
If you select the vertical wall/ slanting wall, the APPLY ABOVE and APPLY BELOW appears to modify the wall dimension.
If the two adjacent walls of the room are joint at a perpendicular angle (i.e. 90 degree), then a square symbol is displayed, as shown above.
For non-perpendicular angles, the angle value is displayed.
Adding Sloped Ceilings
You can add the sloped ceiling on the wall using one of the following methods:
- Click the Manage sloped ceilings option, the Add sloped ceiling editor appears, as shown below:
Select the wall on which the sloped ceiling needs to be added, sloped ceiling options with schema window appears, as shown below:
Enter the required dimension values of the sloped ceiling, click the Create button.
To close the sloped ceiling with the schema window, click the Cancel button.
- Select the wall and in Edit options, click the Add button from the Sloped ceiling option.
The Add sloped ceiling editor appears, as shown below:
Enter the required dimension values, click Validate to add the sloped ceiling.
For more precisions, A, B and C attributes are explained below:
- A represents the value of the height of the wall from the floor, where the sloped ceiling is located.
- B represents the value of the distance between the start of the sloped ceiling and the smallest height of the wall. (see image above).
- C represents the value of the angle of the sloped ceiling.
The user needs to choose between the B and C attributes to set the correct dimensions of the sloped ceiling.
Multiple sloped ceilings can be created, as shown below:
Managing Sloped Ceilings
To modify or delete the sloped ceiling, select the sloped ceiling wall and in the Edit options, click the Edit button from the Sloped ceiling option.
The Sloped ceiling options appears, as shown below:
To modify the sloped ceiling, click the Change button.
Sloped ceiling options with the schema appears.
To delete the sloped ceiling, click the Delete button.
Select the wall in 2D view.
The toolbar appears, as shown below:
|Openings||Opens the catalog to add openings (Doors / Windows etc) to the selected wall.|
|Edit||Lists editing options.|
|Split||Splits the wall into two halves.|
|Delete||Deletes the wall.|
The Wall editing options are as follows:
Click the Openings option, the catalog to add a product (Doors/ Windows, etc) appears, shown below:
Select the product from the catalog to add it to the selected wall.
This list shows all the products of the openings category like Doors, Windows, and Roof Windows.
Click the Edit option, the options to modify the dimensions of the wall appears, as shown below:
Editing Room Separations
Click the Room Separator option.
The toolbar appears, as shown below:
|Splits the room separator into two halves.|
|Deletes the room separator.|
This section explains the steps to add the openings (like Door, Window, and Roof window) to the room in the floorplan.
Adding Door / Window/ Roof Window
Click the Openings option.
List of categories & sub-categories is displayed.
You can add a door/window or roof window by clicking the desired category.
For example, click the Double windows.
The list of double windows appears, as shown below:
Select the Double window from the catalog. This action adds a double window on the wall of the room.
You can move the window to the desired position by dragging it or by editing the measurement that is displayed after selecting it, as shown below:
Similarly, you can add other types of openings like different types of doors, windows, or roof windows.
- You can also add the Openings to the room by drag and drop them from the catalog.
- Roof Windows can be added only on the sloped ceiling.
- By default, the distance between the outer wall and the roof window is 200mm.
- Whenever a sloped ceiling is full of roof windows or if the breadth of the sloped ceiling is less than the roof window, and does not have enough space to correctly position the roof windows No space available pop-up appears.
Edit Door / Window Properties
You can Edit door/windows in 2D/3D view.
- Click the door/window to open the Edit toolbar in 2D view, as shown below:
- Click the door/window to open the Edit toolbar in 3D view, as shown below:
|Edit||Lists editing options.|
|Duplicate||Duplicates the selected opening and adds it to the room wall.|
|Delete||Deletes the selected opening.|
|Information||Shows dimension information about the product.|
To edit the properties of window/door:
Click the Edit option, the properties panel appears.
Replace: You can replace the window using this button.
Dimensions: The width, height of the window can be edited.
Position: Height from the floor, wall side (opening of window-inner/outer side), can be edited.
- The option available in the edit properties window can change depending on the type of opening selected.
- You cannot move or duplicate the door/window in 3D View.
Adding Room Objects
Click the Room objects option from the toolbar, the available room object categories appears, as shown below:
Click the Radiators option to display the list of radiators in the catalog, as shown below:
You can add a product in the room using one of the following methods.
- Click the product thumbnail from the catalog to add it to the room.
- Drag and drop the room object to add it in the room.
The room object is added to the kitchen, as shown below:
Editing Room objects
To edit the room object, select the object, the editing options are displayed.
Edit properties for radiator are:
- Multiple room objects can be selected to perform Duplicate, Position & Delete operations.
- To select multiple room objects, press the Ctrl key from the keyboard while selecting the objects.
Paint and Flooring
This section explains the steps to add coverings for the walls, floors and free shapes.
- Click the Paint & flooring option to display the available options, as shown below:
- Click the Hardwood option to display the list of hardwoods in the catalog, as shown below:
- To add coverings on free shapes:
Select the product, the edit panel is displayed, as shown below:
Click the Coverings option, to open the available coverings product catalog.
The coverings can be added by using one of the following methods:
- Apply to all option applies covering to all walls and free shapes.
- Apply option applies covering to selected floor, wall or free shapes.
- Last used material
The materials which are applied to the wall/floor are displayed in the Last used list, as shown below:
To apply the last used material, click the material to select and apply to the wall, floor or free shapes.
This section explains the steps to select the wall for water supply.
It is not possible to add water supply to room separator.
Click the Water supply option from the toolbar.
Case 1. If there are multiple rooms in the floorplan, a message appears to select a room for the kitchen, as shown below:
Select the room for the kitchen.
Case2. If you have single room in your floor plan, Position your water supply message appears, as shown below:
A message appears to select a wall for the water supply.
Click any wall or circle to select wall for water supply.
Selected wall is highlighted as shown below.
Click Validate to confirm the selection.
Click the value of ceiling height to modify the room wall height, as shown below:
The minimumm value of the ceiling height should be 1000 mm.
The Water supply option is not displayed in the toolbar, when the Pick a Layout step is removed from the Application by setting
falsein the Application distribution settings.